The selection process is open all year long. If you are interested in working at St. James, please read the information below and complete the application form.
You as a teacher
- EU citizen (Spanish, Irish, etc.) or in possession of a valid Spanish work permit.
- CELTA / Trinity and /or PGCE/QTS.
- University degree in a national curriculum subject.
- One year’s experience teaching young learners and teenagers.
- Professional, friendly and approachable manner with the ability to adapt and be flexible.
- Good organizational and planning skills and the interest to develop as a teacher.
- Ability to work with young learners and teenagers.
- IT skills.
Your Role at St James
- To teach general English and English through other subjects (CLIL) to students ranging mainly from young learners to teenagers and some adults.
- To plan effective lessons using the wide range of resources available at the schools.
- To attend training sessions.
- To provide feedback on students performance by way of written reports and parents’ day.
- Competitive salary with fully paid holidays at Christmas and Easter and other observed local holidays.
- Part and full time contracts of up to normally 21 teaching hours per week from mid September until the latter part of June.
- Accrued holiday pay throughout the duration of the contract (paid on completion).
About St. James
St James Language Center has been the quality leader in private English language schools since it opened in 1995 in Mairena del Aljarafe, Seville.
We have grown to six centres all delivering the same high quality classes to students from as little as three year olds to adults. We also teach in schools in the province of Seville.
We have our own English and Science programme for school age students which makes us unique in what we offer and also attracts many English teachers who not only want to deliver dynamic English classes but something a bit out of the ordinary and more interesting.
Throughout the year we have an activity and social programme including Halloween and Christmas parties, video clubs, treasure hunts, excursions as well as summer camps in Spain or UK/USA.
The two most important things to us are our teachers and our students which is why we have developed an excellent teacher training programme over the years tailored for teachers with different levels of experience so that our students can continue to enjoy dynamic, communicative, fun lessons whilst learning English all at the same time!
If you want to apply for a job, first please read about our centers and complete the application form below.